Signature & Avatar Testing

• February 2, 2006 at 6:29 pm #2038
    Ashby
    Participant

Word to the wise, Edit signiture’s through “Profile” on the Forum page — Not account Settings. It’s brokeded. And, uh, test…

February 2, 2006 at 11:22 pm #2039
    BaronGuest
    Participant

lets try again.

February 3, 2006 at 1:22 am #2040
    Arrolin
    Participant

And I shall test mine!

(I guess I coulda tested the avatar, but meh, I’ll test it here too! )

February 3, 2006 at 1:24 am #2041
    Arrolin
    Participant

Blast! Sig length cut it off. I shall have to shorten my quote then, le sigh.

February 3, 2006 at 3:18 am #2042
    Catherine
    Participant

Testing the siggy. Any suggestions on an avatar would be muchly appreciated!

February 3, 2006 at 5:55 am #2043
    asseropen
    Participant

Test.

Okay, it looks like my siggy is working — thank you Dorian-mun! — but why aren’t the bold and italics in the siggy showing up?

This thing HATES me.

Whee!

I was apparently doing my siggy in ALL the wrong places.

Thank you, Origin!

February 3, 2006 at 1:08 pm #2044
    Arrolin
    Participant

Well, a couple things I can think of.

Firstly you did your signature through the profile link of the forums right? If not, that’s the best place to do the siggy.

Once there you can use the following:

Code:

[b][/b] – bold

[i][/i] – italics

[!–c2–][!–ec2–]

Hope that helps!

February 3, 2006 at 1:33 pm #2045
    Ashby
    Participant

February 3, 2006 at 1:34 pm #2046
    VEST Paradox
    Participant

Yeah, you should always do the signature throught the profile link at the top of the forums. I also, yesterday, changed the database structure because signatures were being cutoff at the ends. So now signatures can be up to 1024 characters instead of 255 and they shoud work much better than before.

February 3, 2006 at 1:37 pm #2047
    VEST Paradox
    Participant

I don't personally have a list of movies done in the victorian times and I SUCK at finding pictures to use for characters, so I just render my own and touch them up. I think it would be great if some of you who are god at scouring the net for pics could find as many different ones as possible and perhaps make them available. I can host them if need be or add them to the avatar gallery.

February 3, 2006 at 4:31 pm #2048
    Arrolin
    Participant

Awesome, thanks Paradox!

February 3, 2006 at 4:45 pm #2049
    Doug Davis
    Participant

I had a question.

Is the font HTML tag supported? I know I tried to use it to do get another font, but it didn’t seem to work.

While this may not seem like a question related to Signature testing, I can assure you the attempt to use the font tag was for a signature. 🙂

February 4, 2006 at 1:28 am #2050
    Charlize
    Participant

test

February 4, 2006 at 5:12 am #2051
    asseropen
    Participant

I am one of those who LOVES hunting down character photos on the ‘net. I won’t claim to be good at it, but I like to do it. I can send some or point ’em out or whatever needs to be done.

And, if anyone is in any specific need, I’d be happy to help. (If anyone in the Hughes family wants some ideas, I’ve been focusing on hunting down pics for who I can see as family members.)

Btw, Octavius-mun, I have a couple of suggestions for you (your character is in the church, right?). Let me know if you want ’em and how I should send ’em over.

February 4, 2006 at 10:49 am #2052
    Catherine
    Participant

Btw, Octavius-mun, I have a couple of suggestions for you (your character is in the church, right?). Let me know if you want ’em and how I should send ’em over.

I’d love the suggestions. And yes, in the church. Best way to reach me would be to IM OctaviusSouthwel or email OctaviusSouthwel@aim.com

Thanks very much!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.