Xp Rate

• March 21, 2006 at 9:18 pm #1907
    VEST Paradox
    Participant

Hey everyone. Wanting to get your opinions on some things involving XP. My personal take is that skills are fine now (after I fixed the lower level costs and split the progression into 3's 1-3, 4-6, etc.) but I think that stats may cost a little bit low.

Wanna get your opinions on this and see what you guys might think about fixing it.

Second option there is about the Stat caps. Do you guys think they should stay at 12, or be raised back to 14? I was thinking about making them stay at 12 as a soft cap and then significantly raising the cost for stats after 12 to a hard cap of 18. Skills wouldn't be able to be raised past the normal soft cap of 12 (could be higher dependant of certain factors such as being a Breed Leader. Would allow players to buy their stats above the skill/soft cap but would be more costly.

Just some ideas that you guys might want to consider and I'm thinking of.

March 22, 2006 at 9:00 pm #2496
    Annabella
    Participant

I think the stats should be capped at 12 especially at the generation of a sheet.

It's feasible, otherwise, that you could start with a 13 statistics (11-2-2 and spending 10 gen to up a stat to 13) and that's too high to start at in my mind.

After having re-do my CS (and others) and spending XP and pondering the best way to spend my XP, I would pray to the powers that be that I not be made to go back and re-do all the sheets again that I just spent XP on to increase stats.

Steven

March 22, 2006 at 11:28 pm #2497
    VEST Paradox
    Participant

Well, I don't think I will be having anyone redo their sheets if the stat costs are raised, I think a better option would be to have them make up the difference in X amount of time ( 2-3 months ) so long as they pay a certain amount each update. Which I think is the most fair way to do it. It allows them to keep their purcahse and in this instance allow them to keep updating as long as they are making the effort of making up the difference.

Right now it's looking like it will probably end up putting the soft cap at 13, hard cap at 18 with a much higher cost for going over 13, and raising the cost of stats in XP as well.

Really, the sheet redo's was an unfortunate hassle, and one that I hope to avoid in the future if at all possible. Since we were so early in the game it wasn't much of a loss and it's not like anyone had to correct for a year worth of updates either.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.