What Would You Like To See?

• March 23, 2006 at 12:00 am #1918
    VEST Paradox
    Participant

Okay, since I hear a lot of things for a few people, I want to see what everyone else wants to see in the game or what would catch your attention more, what would get your interest?

Feel free to voice your opinions, just don' t be nasty here, I'm wanting to know what I can do to make the game better for everyone instead of a select few people. I haven't had many complaints come to me, but I'm sure there are some concerns out there and I want everyone to know that my ears are open. It's my job to make this game as interesting as possible while maintaining it's integrity.

So come on, here's your chance for a few free shots

March 23, 2006 at 7:31 am #2503
    Adelaide
    Participant

I think logs or posts describing the chain of events happening amongst different circles is always beneficial in seeing how the story is developed, since we can't always pay attention to every conversation going on in the room. Even if it's a summary and not a blow by blow dialogue. The game is still young obviously, so characters are feeling each other out, even if they do have a developed background. NPC steering of the storyline (via ST's) is always helpful, even if they are just concentrated incidents that don't last very long. The element of surprise always makes for good RP. Unfortunately I haven't been able to play for quite awhile, so obviously I'm speaking of things in general since I haven't caught up with all that has taken place. To be honest, dragging the SL out of the coffee house and into and the streets and the homes of the characters is only going to improve the game.

March 23, 2006 at 7:26 pm #2504
    Catherine
    Participant

Many of the MR logs can be found in the downloads section of the boards. Also, while the MR action tends to focus around the Athenaeum, it had also occurred in the British Museum, the docks, St. Paul's Cathedral (the main Anglican church in London), a Catholic church, the Baron's estate, the Hughes family townhouse, various parks, and, indeed, the streets as well.

That being said, I think that in some regards, it remains important to center the MR play around one or two central, public locations, or else the game will become very fragmentary and more difficult for players to interact.

After hours and PR play, of course, has taken all sorts of shapes and forms, as you would expect.

March 23, 2006 at 10:31 pm #2505
    VEST Paradox
    Participant

As Octavious said, most of the MR Logs are made available to the public so that people can keep abreast of what's going on in the game, they can be found in the Downloads section ( Link is above in the Navigation Menu under the logo). PR Scenes are up to the players to post, and we have the Log Cabin for such a place. There's a great deal of the BG SL that will never become public knowledge though, I personally feel that it would ruin the surprise, mystery, and joy of discover in the game. There is also the London Times which will describe certain newsworthy events that take place in London, most of these are in fact part of the BGSL of the game.

March 25, 2006 at 1:25 pm #2506
    Adelaide
    Participant

Another thing I'd like to throw out there, especially since it pertains to the SL that Octavius and I have worked on, is doing strictly PR RP with the upper level “power players” if you will, those that are controlling things behind the scenes, it's all OOC info. as far as those not involved are concerned, but it gives a glimpse at things nontheless. It makes people interested and perhaps excited about what's coming along further down the road. Some of the characters in the SL that I mentioned Octavius and I having worked on, are those who would not neccesarily conduct any of their activities in the open, and this way the deeper plots can be fleshed out. It makes for good reading however you look at it.

March 25, 2006 at 6:23 pm #2507
    VEST Paradox
    Participant

Not sure what you mean by Upper Level Power Players, do you mean the NPC's that are behind scenes driving the main game Storyline?

March 26, 2006 at 3:34 am #2508
    Adelaide
    Participant

Yeah that and possibly regular players that are part of the scheme as well.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.