Vere Brat

• March 2, 2006 at 4:16 pm #1829
    Misanthropos
    Participant

You probably won't ever see me around in the Main Room under this SN, since its purpose is to identify me as the game's Rules Editor. That's right, my snooty attitude towards spelling and grammar have gotten me an official post here. And, just for the record, I haven't started editing as of yet (03/02/06), so don't get your knickers in a twist if there's something that needs editing. When I'm done with it, the Rules Book is going to be “b-e-a-utiful.” (Name the film that comes from.) But maybe that only matters to me– Whatever the case, editing shall be done.

My name is Ranielle. Look at the name carefully. Does it resemble any other name you've seen before? Danielle? Exactly. It sounds just like Danielle, too, except with an “R.” Now, some folks around here call me Rani (sounds like “Danny”). Rani was what I was called by everyone I met up until high school, and it has an air of intimacy in my book. Y'all are a bit of an exception to my rule in life, where that name is reserved for people who have known me quite some time. It's a hell of a lot easier to type than my full name, so have at it, if you must. You can also call me Brat. It's a family nickname. I've been called such since before I can remember. Still sign my letters to my immediate family like that. My mom and my sister use Brat instead of my name regularly, even in public, so I'll answer to it in a snap.

I began playing BB around 1996, I think. Would play solid for a while, then take a break, then come back and play solid for a while, then take a break. I haven't the foggiest recollection of what year I actually left the game, but it was probably four years ago or so. I probably suffered from ADD when it wasn't quite so popular, and thus had a ridiculous number of characters pass through BB. The ones I can recall offhand are Elleinar Billaud, Blake Davenport, Ronnie Hunt, Ange Saint-Baisent, Ashling Witter, Elijah Brandon, Rumor Marlowe, and perhaps the one I miss most of all, Bennett Drake.

I joined the first run of CR somewhere along the lines as Havoc West, the navigator of the infamous Paegus. I continue to dabble in the game's current run as Avalon Canet and, far less frequently (i.e., almost never), the Heretic pilot Echo. (Though Havoc is still around, she hasn't much to do most days except continue to be crazy.)

In real life, I work in film publicity and promotions. I work with major studios, classics divisions, a DVD distrubutor and the occasional independent studio. Have you ever seen an advance screening of the film, in the week or two before its official release? Or won a DVD in a radio contest? Part of my job is setting those up. There's also the task of handling talent should any of them come through the city to do interviews with the press or something of the like. There are a million different aspects to my job, which I won't bother to go into here. But if you're curious, feel free to ask. (Of course, you'll probably have to discover one of my other SNs to find me. Heh.)

I have been a movie junkie my entire life, though it started to manifest itself more fully when I got a job at Blockbuster in high school. I reviewed films in college. I coordinated the best attended short film festival in the country for three years. Somehow or another, I've worked with, for and around movies for almost a decade. I have a Rain Man-like ability to recall large chunks of film dialogue after one or two viewings. If I've seen the movie multiple times, watch out… Odds are best I can recite the entire thing by heart. I know trivia, I know actors, I know a lot of obscure shit. I can whoop you at SceneIt?, you'd better believe it. I'm also working on finishing my first screenplay, and have about half a dozen of them on the back burner.

And though I practically drown myself in pop culture (I watch a moderate amount of TV, too), I read books, I like the ballet (used to be a dancer for 12 years), and I've recently switched from the Hot Adult Contemporary music station in my car to the local Classical station. It's excellent driving music. I just don't listen on Saturdays, because opera sounds funny in a car, in my opinion.

Oh, and I'm addicted to caffeine. If a day or two goes by and I haven't had my Starbucks Mocha or my Marble Mocha Macchiato, watch out.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.