The Fall Of The House Of Asher

• March 3, 2006 at 2:18 pm #1835
    roland
    Participant

The wind howled through the night air as the clouds raced across the sky. Those dark clouds that loomed overhead combined with the thick fog that rolled in made this city ripe for the taking. His greatcloak fluttered behind him as he hovered facing the wind, the sound broke the silence as the cloth snapped and rustled in deep tones. He was a speck of black in the night sky, if anyone could even see above the thick blanket of fog that covered the city. Like a predatory bird he swooped down and landed in Waterloo Place, standing across from the Athenaeum.

There were a few lamps on still, but he had to make sure just who was inside. He stretched out his senses and his vision moved outside of his body and towards the building, passing through the walls he *walked* his sight around and looked around for a few moments until he found what he was looking for. There he was, the Baron, and it looked like he was all alone. His vision snapped back to his body and he grinned a most vile gash of a grin, his thin lips spread across his gaunt face. Nearly sunken eyes glare at the doors for a moment as another surge of thought was sent out towards them, the force smashing into one of them and causing it to hang from its hinges split in twain. He could hear the muffled shock from the Baron inside, a mixture of fear and surprise as he glided to the door inches off the ground.

“Baron Sterling I presume?” His voice deep and harsh, he croaked out the question as the Baron froze halfway on the steps.

“What is the meaning of this? What do you want?” The baron stopped, eyes wide as he looked at the mans feet hovering inches from the floor.

“Baron Sterling, shut your mouth and listen. I'm going to kill you and there is very little you can do to prevent it. You have committed a sin against your family and it cannot go unpunished. I know what you did to your father and brother, I know all about their hunting accident.” He spoke with the sound of chalk crumbling in a mans hand, his voice was ragged and crackling.

“They had an accident while hunting; everyone knows that, there were men present who bore witness. I have no idea what you are talking about.” He held his chin up defiantly.

With a wave of his hand a long silver shaft flew from him and struck the Baron in the chest, the shaft burying itself in his chest on the left side. “That won't kill you Baron, but I'm sure it hurts terribly. Don't lie to me again.”

Baron Sterling tried to spin out of the way but the projectile moved too fast for him. The pain sent shockwaves through his mind and the world erupted into a flash of sparkling lights. He barely managed to remain on his feet though he could no suppress the cry of pain as the silver spike struck him. “I don't.. know what you are talking about. What do you want?” He choked out through the searing pain, the words short and gasped through pained breaths.

“I want you to die Baron, it's that simple. First I want you to suffer; I want you to agonize for your sins.” Another dart flew out, the shaft striking the baron in the abdomen, a few inches from the bottom of the right side of his rib cage. He cried out in agony and this time the force of the blow spun him and sent him toppling to the stairs, bouncing a few times and leaving him sprawling as the blood began spreading across his chest and stomach.

“You'll… get… no such.. satisfaction… you fiend.” He bellowed, half groaned, half sputtered. The pain was horrible, his mind was flickering in and out of shock, his vision tunneling and going black.

“Oh, I will. Trust me Baron, I will.” With another motion of his hand the Barons body lifted from the steps and floated a moment in mid air, then the gaunt man flicked his hand and sent the Baron crashing into the steps, his arm catching under him with a popping crack that rang and echoed through the building.

“Farewell for now Baron, I will see you soon enough.” The man flickered from sight, vanishing right there in the middle of the room. He heard voices approaching so he flew outside the doors and perched on the ledge above, sitting patiently near the statue of Athena. More Mice coming to play it seemed all the more fun to be had.

(( Please be sure that Lord Sterling gets his share of the prize for his part in this small drama ))

March 3, 2006 at 5:26 pm #2399
    Layna
    Participant

Ooo! Most splendid! Unfair to leave it on such a note.

March 3, 2006 at 8:01 pm #2400
    Catherine
    Participant

Great post! Eli is so creepy…

March 4, 2006 at 12:48 am #2401
    Charlize
    Participant

I have this thing for bad guys. More please.

March 5, 2006 at 1:01 am #2402
    Jeff Crowley
    Participant

Quite an entrance to the boards ::smiles:: well done, both of you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.