Restriction Disadvantage

• February 13, 2006 at 7:37 am #1688
    jack
    Participant

I really like the Advantages and Disabilities. However, I think the Restriction disadvantage amounts to giving people 10 free generation points. I think most people (if they are anything like myself) have an idea of what breed(s) they would like to see their character become when they are in the creation stage. This makes it way too easy to say ‘Well, my fancy-panse noble character can never become a wolf because he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.’ simply because wou wouldn’t want that character to become a wolf. It could even be considered an advantage, never having to worry about becoming a werewolf at the whim of someone else.

Short of scrapping the disadvantage altogether, I think the award should be lowered to 5GPs, or a requirement for a good reason for the restriction to appear in the background.

Alternately, let the disadvantage apply to all breeds, period. Maybe that character is totally incompatable with the supernatural world. Thus he stays a mortal forever, never being able to become a mage, psion, werewolf, vampire, or any other horrific creature of the night….like a Libertarian. ::shudders::

February 13, 2006 at 7:59 am #2274
    VEST Paradox
    Participant

Since the character doesn’t choose what breed they are restricted from, it’s more than adequate. Since the player doesn’t choose it’s up to the CS Advisor and myself. That is done when your character is approved, how it’s done depends on your BG or could even just be a random die roll. We try not to pick a breed that is perfect for you, but there will be forced breed changes, and in a few instances, if you don’t become that breed, you could likely die as a result of your restriction.

February 13, 2006 at 8:00 am #2275
    Ceara MacKenna
    Participant

You, the person who is taking the restriction disadvantage, will never get to decide what that breed you are restricted is from taking. The FD & SL Department and all that will make a notation on your CS and after you get bit by a werewolf and are all ready to become a werewolf cuz it’s REALLY what you wanted to become.. WHOOPS you’ll find out you’re immune to the bite. And restricted from becoming that breed.

Puts your breed choice in the hands of the Game Managers.

Steven

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.