Quote Of The Week 4/16 – 4/22

• April 24, 2006 at 6:23 pm #1995
    Razorwolf
    Participant

And once again it's time for QotW! Winners receive 15 XP and the nominators of the winners receive 10 XP, so keep those quotes coming and vote for your favorites!

As I'm a little late putting this up today, voting will close at 11:59 pm EST on Friday night.

Without further ado, on to the nominations! (And remember to keep them coming!)

Nominee 1
    *****: “Might as well.” She smiled and rose from her seat. “There's a private entrance through the members area upstairs, we can go that route.”
    *****: She stood up along with ***** and smiled. “You lead the way, then I will follow .”
    *****: “Hai, and maybe then we wirr use another plivate entlance…” He hiccuped. He'd been in varying strange moods since *****'s death, ranging from depressed to drunk to…well. Everything else.

Nominee 2
    *****: “Werr…that'su a good stalt…but stirr…rooksu rike maybe I shourd ret you two find a loom somewhele.” He smirked. Perhaps ***** didn't go there, but that didn't stop *****.
    *****: ***** flinched, seeing no good reason not to. “You know. There's a special hell for people laugh at other's problems,” he said most irritably. “Especially when they've been attacked by fire lizards before.” Mean, yes. And he didn't care.

Nominee 3
    *****: ” You'd be surprised how many men actaully just want someone to talk to.”
    *****: “I wourd be, too,” he kept on smirking.

Nominee 4
    *****: + “Why, only to keep your company, my dear *****. You seemed so lonely sitting here. Has your beau stood you up this evening? Trouble in paradise, perhaps?”
    *****: +”None at all. I was having a pot of tea, I am sorry there is not a second service out for you.” Or anyone else for that matter, though ever expectant that ***** might find her at any moment. “You are too kind, truly. But surely there must be someone who wishes your company even more than I do.”
    *****: + “And that's what makes me so charitable, *****. Spending my time with those, like you, who are so far less fortunate. Would you mind, then, were I to request a second service?” He signaled to a waiter to bring the service, even before waiting for her response.

Nominee 5
    *****: + “Oh your charity will bring you naught but what you so rightfully deserve, a place beside Him.” And the sooner the better. The thought coaxed a pretty sort of smile to her lips.
    *****: + He smiled back, rather smugly. “And in the meantime, I'll do what I can to spread His love to those who need it.”
    *****: + “Oh *****, don't make yourself sound so common, else those eaves dropping might think your work is no more than that of a whore's.” When the second service was brought, a cup was poured for him. “And we all know that is most certainly not the case.”

Nominee 6
    *****: (*****) Half that had made no sense at all. Muttering, he backstepped to take care of one of the other late-night patrons, muttering. “Bloody crazy. Walking on heels and dug wire?”
    *****: “Oi! Who ale you carring clazy, you srackjawed junksrut?! You come over hele and say that to my face!”
    *****: (*****) “We don't serve anything glazed, mister.” Why him? That was all he wanted to know.
    *****: “Baka desu! You'le even wolse of a baltender than that rast jackassu who wolked hele. At reast he had harf of a blain!”
    *****: (*****) “This isn't a bakery! And no one walks on heels! Or barfs on babies!” Just stared. Beating sense into the fellow didn't seem feasible…

Nominee 7
    *****: “How can any one man be so broody dumb asu you ale?”
    *****: (*****) “I'm not a hen to brood, and I most certainly wouldn't brood on ale.” He was quitting. Bloody crazy people talking nonsense.
    *****: His words just earned him another long stare, before another rock was dug out of a pocket and thrown at the man, all wordlessly.
    *****: (*****) And that was that. He untied his apron, cursing, and tossed it at *****. Fearsome weapon, to be sure, but it was on hand. And, thusly, around he went to stalk out.
    *****: He could only grin to himself as the man made his way out the door. “Cowald!” he called after him. “Go home with your tair between your regsu! You'le mole of a woman than the wholesu in the Climson Petar!” He put on the apron, and hopped behind the bar, gathering bottles and stuffing them into his coat pockets.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.