Posting problems

• February 6, 2006 at 2:08 am #1628
    Ezahnin
    Participant

So, for some reason when I try to post a new topic in the Personal Backgrounds folder, it just redirects me back to the index page when I click submit…any suggestions?

February 6, 2006 at 2:53 am #2195
    VEST Paradox
    Participant

Is it a long post? I’ve noticed on a couple of nuke sites that has happened and I haven’t seen a fix for it yet. Though sometimes it works sometimes it does, I had the same issue pop up with a user on another PHPBB Site.

February 6, 2006 at 3:07 am #2196
    Ezahnin
    Participant

That could be it. I’ll try breaking it up and see what happens.

February 6, 2006 at 3:29 am #2197
    Ezahnin
    Participant

Well, it worked at first, but now it’s cutting things so short that I think there has to be some other problem.

February 6, 2006 at 3:43 am #2198
    BaronGuest
    Participant

For some reason, when I go into the forums and it shows me new postings on a board… when I go into the board, I can’t see which posts are new and which ones aren’t.

Just adding to the posting problems.

February 6, 2006 at 8:53 pm #2199
    Ezahnin
    Participant

For some reason, when I go into the forums and it shows me new postings on a board… when I go into the board, I can’t see which posts are new and which ones aren’t.

Just adding to the posting problems.

Yeah, I’m having that problem, too.

And the posting in parts really wasn’t a solution…it started re-directing me to the index when I tried to post three lines of text, which is just ridiculous. Anyone have any ideas?

February 6, 2006 at 9:24 pm #2200
    Annabella
    Participant

[div class=’quotetop’]QUOTE[/div][div class=’quotemain’]For some reason, when I go into the forums and it shows me new postings on a board… when I go into the board, I can’t see which posts are new and which ones aren’t.

For whatever reason this isn’t happening to me. Perhaps it is your Browser?

I am using the latest version of Firefox. If not my browser, perhaps I’m just weird and it works right for whatever reason.

I haven’t posted anything long yet but I’ll give it a go soon and see what happens.

Steven

February 6, 2006 at 11:02 pm #2201
    VEST Paradox
    Participant

I’ve had it happen to me once on a thread, and I was copying from an email into the text box, and the person I was helping was trying to paste from word into the text box. Though one both sites, I can cut and pasted from within the site (editing the general skills for instance and copying the information from one text box to another text box in another window) without a problem. I use Firefox and Avant, and had issues on both. Might be something in the copied and pasted document you are pulling it from, I’d suggest that you try and just retype it all into the text window and not cut and paste first.

Second issue could be your connection speed. I know at times when my connection speed is so slow it tried to download the php page or just acts silly at times. Slow connection speeds cause Internet Explorer and Firefox to react to script pages oddly.

February 7, 2006 at 9:04 am #2202
    Ezahnin
    Participant

Well, I tried typing it all in instead of using cut and paste, and it still re-directed me to the index. Weird. I think Ligeia has it right and the boards just hate me. 😉

February 7, 2006 at 11:25 am #2203
    Adelaide
    Participant

::waves his hand:: I’m the user Paradox was mentioning. 😈

February 7, 2006 at 8:08 pm #2204
    VEST Paradox
    Participant

Yes… yes he is. It’s an odd issue, and I’ve been looking for others having similar issues on other sites, so far I haven’t found anything that seems to be the same issue we are having, but I will keep my eyes out for you all, and I apologize for the troubles.

February 8, 2006 at 5:57 pm #2205
    Ceara MacKenna
    Participant

::raises hand:: Cut and pasted SL from Gmail and doth did not work when “Submit” was pressed. Yay it’s not jut Paul!

February 8, 2006 at 6:46 pm #2206
    Catherine
    Participant

A problem I’m running into…

If there’s a post that has enough replies for it to need two pages, I can’t seem to get to the second page by hitting the “next” or “2” at the bottom.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Yeah, that’s happening to me, too. If you go back to the index of that particular forum and click the page you want there, it’ll take you.

Along those lines, I find that when posting a reply, the topic review section says “Sorry, but only registered users can read topics in this forum.” rather than displaying the previous posts in the thread, and despite being logged in and (obviously) registered.

February 8, 2006 at 8:42 pm #2207
    VEST Paradox
    Participant

A problem I’m running into…

If there’s a post that has enough replies for it to need two pages, I can’t seem to get to the second page by hitting the “next” or “2” at the bottom.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Which Forum folder is this in. I’m aware of one issue with the review thread, that it show the header and everything. But I haven’t come across it giving an error yet.

February 8, 2006 at 9:50 pm #2208
    Catherine
    Participant

The registered users error is popping up when I make a reply in any folder. Thus far I’ve only encountered the page changing error in this folder, but I think this is the only spot where we’ve got posts heading to a second page in terms of replies.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.