Post Problems v 2.0 (w/ Form info)

• February 13, 2006 at 1:33 am #1687
    Ceara MacKenna
    Participant

Figured I’d start a new thread to include the form for post problems

Support Form

Operating System: Windows XP

Broswer Used: Firefox AND Netscape (both)

Connection Speed: Cable

Internet Service Provider: Comcast

Issue Location: What part of the site you are having trouble with (downloads, forums, etc) Forums.

Issue Location: If it’s on the forums, list what folder. If a download, list the download file. Storyline Folder.

Issue Description: Please describe the issue in as much detail as possible. I have attempted to post my storyline several times. I copied and pasted the document from my e-mail account and was directed to the Index page after I clicked “Submit” and the post never appeared. I copied and pasted the Storyline into a word format, changed the font some and tried to re-submit it in the folder, and still no go. I dropped the text into a simple text format to kill any and all formatting and then cut and pasted it into the storyline folder and still no go. Yet when I typed something entirely different in Word and cut and pasted it into two of the other folders — Bordello and Greater London — the longer posts worked.

February 13, 2006 at 3:37 am #2271
    VEST Paradox
    Participant

I think it has to do with some characters. For instance, when I tried to paste Abrahams BG I got the same thing. I ended up having to manually inster it into the database. My best suggestions for now (until I somehow manage to either find someone with a similar issue which isn’t happening, or put together another complete site and try and port all the posts over.) are to A) Type the BG in manually without cutting and pasting. try converting it a simple not formatted html document and try pasting that. Aside from those, I’m really stumped as to why this is happening, but I’m looking for either a fix or another site solution. It has something to do with the latest PHPBB ports for nuke sites, because the same issue occurs on the BlackBayou.net site.

February 14, 2006 at 8:17 pm #2272
    Ceara MacKenna
    Participant

holy shit. The post worked! YAY! Go Unca Robbie!

February 14, 2006 at 8:37 pm #2273
    VEST Paradox
    Participant

Heh…. much better site huh? This editor also allows centering. Though I am going to have to make a full list of the BBCode it uses and put it somewhere, if there isn't one already.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.