Massive

• March 5, 2006 at 7:46 am #1842
    Ceara MacKenna
    Participant

I'd like to suggest a change to the Massive advantage.

Massive
    Cost: 15 GP
    Description: The average character height in this time period is 5-7 for men and 4-10 for females. With this advantage you are just that, massive. You must be a minimum of 6' 5″ for males and 5' 10″ for females. You tower over most people and definately stick out in a crowd. Because of your size, you can lift more than a man has reason to, and can accomplish some fairly amazing feats. You can hold something at Maximum Lift, or Maximum Carry for one additional round before having to roll. You also move as if your Body was three higher than it really is (A Characer with an 8 Body would move 8+3 feet in a round). On the down side, since you are such a large individual, your Dodge suffers a -2 and you are at a -2 to all rolls involving the Stealth skill.

RP Requirement: Ummmm… did I mention huge? People tend to either feel threatened by you or feel safer in your presence if they are friends. You gain -1 Reputation because you unsettle people.

There's lots of negatives to this advantage and not a whole heck of a lot of positives. Frankly, the negatives outweigh the positives.

Negatives: -2 to Dodge, -2 to Stealth, -1 Reputation
    Positive: Moving 3 higher than normal, carry large shit

For being an advantage, I think it needs to be balanced out some. The -2 to Dodge is espewcially a BIG negative. How about a +3 to intimidation because of one's size? Anyone else have any ideas to help balance it?

Steven

March 5, 2006 at 6:29 pm #2415
    VEST Paradox
    Participant

+2 to Intimidation sounds like a great addition to it. Movement will play a great factor in the escape rules that I plan on changing soon. So that will eventually have a LOT of play.

Silas Hughes wrote:
    I'd like to suggest a change to the Massive advantage.

There's lots of negatives to this advantage and not a whole heck of a lot of positives. Frankly, the negatives outweigh the positives.

Negatives: -2 to Dodge, -2 to Stealth, -1 Reputation
    Positive: Moving 3 higher than normal, carry large shit

For being an advantage, I think it needs to be balanced out some. The -2 to Dodge is espewcially a BIG negative. How about a +3 to intimidation because of one's size? Anyone else have any ideas to help balance it?

Steven

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.