London Map

• February 19, 2006 at 8:41 pm #1765
    VEST Paradox
    Participant

Here's a map that I put together from smaller sections of one of the map links that I included on the old website. This is just the immediate area around the Athenaeum and St James Park, and it's kinda big and kinda hard to read. Should anyone find a better map of the area to use, let me know and I'll be happy to change them out.

[div align=”center”][attachmentid=12][/div]

February 20, 2006 at 12:32 am #2308
    Catherine
    Participant

I can't find Waterloo Place on this map. Is my eyesight just that bad, or am I looking in the wrong place, or what?

February 20, 2006 at 1:11 am #2309
    VEST Paradox
    Participant

Waterloo place is the section of road to the right of the Athenaeum marker, as far as I can gather it's just a little u turn around at the entrance of Regent Street

February 20, 2006 at 1:19 am #2310
    asseropen
    Participant

http://www.ph.ucla.edu/epi/snow/1859map/map1859.html

That is a link to a map that is, I'm fairly certain, rather close to the map above, with a wider scope.

If you want to swap out this map for what's up there now, I would recommend, if possible, to utilize Rows J through R and Columns 10 through 15. (Grosvenor Square, where the Hughes' reside, is within the bounds of RJ-RL, C10-C12; the map currently used covers, I think, an area slightly South and to the West of that.)

Ah, yes… I think Waterloo Place is between Pall Mall and The Mall on the southern tip of Regent Street. Teeny tiny type, but if you squint, it's there. (RM, C14 on the map I've linked here.)

Hope this helps.

February 20, 2006 at 1:26 am #2311
    VEST Paradox
    Participant

Yesh, it's the same map but this one does zoom in closer than the one I have. I'll be replacing soon most likely. Right now I'm still fighting with the theme

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.