Ideas & Thoughts

• February 17, 2006 at 10:26 pm #1753
    VEST Paradox
    Participant

Okay, here it is. Discuss freely, but first I want to place up some ideas and concepts that myself and the others that started this project had in mind for the direction and theme of the game, these are likely not open for debate though.

1) A darker, grittier horror game with plots not driven solely by the players.
    2) Use of NPC's the keep supernatural elements where they belong, in the shadows.
    3) Staff/GM driven plots, storylines, and even adventures.
    4) SL's based on the characters barckrounds and disadvantages that are written by staff.
    5) An Element of surprise and some lack of control, disadvantages could kill you.
    6) More realistic venue where actions and consequences play heavily.
    7) Theme based on Victorian Gothic Literature (Gothic Horror, Steampunk (Captain Nemo, Dr. Jekyll), Mad Science (Frankenstein), etc..)
    8) Science as the new Magic in Opposition to the old Magic. A Game full of Opposing factions all plotting and scheming to one up the other.

These are the main eight building blocks of this game. Any ideas that you may have to further develop these, are welcome. Especially rules additions, etc.

March 25, 2006 at 1:53 pm #2300
    Adelaide
    Participant

Well the SL Octavius and I have come up with would include quite a few of those. Once he posts it people can see what they think, as we really hope we can get a good amount of people involved. It should be lots of fun.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.