Degrees Of Separation

• February 23, 2006 at 4:38 pm #1786
    asseropen
    Participant

I feel myself falling into the trap I've left other games to escape… Where my character, due to various reasons (which are entirely my fault), is only able to interact, time and time again, with those in the rather small circle of her acquaintance. Namely, her family.

She's rude. She's proud. She's stand offish. She's disagreeable. (Not to mention she has a nasty little hobby that probably allows some people to instinctually just stay the hell away from her.)

A month into this thing and I'm crawling out of my skin because I've been down this road before.

Because this is meant to be a community, because I see this game as a TEAM of people creating something out of nothing, I'm asking for your help. Help me find a way to connect our characters. I'm not saying it has to be immediate. I'm not saying it has to be profound. And I'm certainly not saying that I'm not enjoying her familial interactions — But have you seen how freaking dysfunctional they are?

I'm enjoying this game so far, and I want to continue doing so.

Thanks for reading.

February 23, 2006 at 6:44 pm #2342
    Herald42
    Participant

Well, as a GM, I see this not only as your responsibility, but ours as well.

Your character has a hidden medical background. Though she's not a doctor, I think she should make use of it.

When we present challenges to other characters that end up with injuries or something to one and all, I could see her easily tending to wounds or doing other facets to care for people.

Otherwise, let's try to set up scenes where she could meet lots of different kinds of people.

Rob and I have a scene in mind for next week involving the British Museum.

There are scenes that could occur at church. Everyone goes to church.

It's basically crafting something that works beyond the normal coffee house scenes and you reminding the Host on duty that you could really use the help. The one thing Rob & I have been talking to the hosts about is how the room doesn't need a babysitter. The room needs someone who can manage it, make it flow and keep it up by introducing NPCs, conflict and getting players engaged — especially with each other. Your situation seems perfect for them to help with.

Steven

March 23, 2006 at 7:38 am #2343
    Adelaide
    Participant

I'm sure I can think of something.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.