Bad Behavior

• February 21, 2006 at 11:58 am #1776
    VEST Paradox
    Participant

For those that haven't noticed the little block in the bottom left side of the page for rpggateway.com, it's there because I have registered our site on their index. RPG Gateway is a site that has thousands of RPG links, it's a massive directory spanning everything from Tabletop RPGs to Internet RPGs. Part of this site is a ranking system, where people can rate your site based upon it's quality.

We have 26 votes and an overall rating of 2 out of 5 stars. Meaning that we have been getting a lot of bad votes. Well, I was curious so I asked the administrator of the site how it all works, because I believed that something was fishy. Sure enough, someone has been hitting us with daily bad votes from the same IP address. Well, now they got themselves banned from voting and it serves them right. I've seen some low pointless things in my life, but this one takes the cake.

The good news is that they have been caught, though it's tracked by IP, and that's not hard to get around. The bad news is that these false votes cannot be undone, except through voting them back up. Now, we can't cheat and continue to pop them up on a daily basis the same way they bumped it down, but for those of you who haven't voted, please do so.

You can vote on the block in the bottom left corner or by going to rpggateway.com and doing a search for Velvet Skies, we are all that comes up.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.