A present for a friend

• February 13, 2006 at 1:12 am #1686
    Ceara MacKenna
    Participant

Frederick Selden had been my childhood friend.

For years we played together. Playing in fields, riding horses and dancing in the streets of London. My mother adored him as if he were a part of the family.

That was before the family made its grand fortune. Sure, we were never poor. I don?t remember anytime in my life where we lived off the street like an urchin. But to have money meant we had to do little to acquire more. It provided a base, a source of revenue to invest in and gain even more wealth. It provided a stepping stone.

We were both of this merchant class ? this mysterious middle that garnered little respect from anybody except those who understood what was needed to buy and sell goods.

Frederick Selden had been a part of that. As a young teenager, he followed in the family footsteps and entered the Royal British Navy. He became a captain at the age of 22.

But before he went away, we had been on the cusp of nouveau riche. It was the Confederate Gold that was had gotten that eventually put us over the top. Selden was too late. He had missed his chance to join the family.

My sister was too good for him now.

Today Frederick is a Knight. The fact he is of the same Order as my father is no mystery. He still has a desire to be part of the family.

But that will never happen. And, for this, I feel sad. I feel I owe him. He had also left the Navy for reasons I cannot hope to fathom.

The Crimson Petals Bordello could provide much-needed company for my friend.

I had heard of the facility from some of the dockhands. They were hoping to raise enough money to find the pleasurable company of one of the Bordello?s ladies.

This wasn?t a seedy brothel. From its appearances and hard wood demeanor of just the entrance, that much was a fact.

I was willing to pay the price to make my friends dreams come true. He had to forget my sister. The hope was perhaps someone here could help him.

I rung a bell and run my hand along a counter. It felt dirty coming here. But it was for a good cause, I keep telling myself.

?Greetings, I wish to purchase accompaniment for a friend of mine. My name is Silas Hughes. My friend is a lonely military man.?

February 13, 2006 at 1:40 am #2265
    asseropen
    Participant

Oh, and just what part of Silas should Ligeia dissect with her scalpels and assorted other tools when she discovers what he’s done?

( Good one, you bastard. )

February 13, 2006 at 5:16 am #2266
    Indomitus
    Participant

😯

February 13, 2006 at 6:06 am #2267
    Ezahnin
    Participant

Ahahahahahaha, well done, you sneaky bastard!

February 13, 2006 at 8:53 pm #2268
    Arianrhod
    Participant

Hey if Abe is buyin hookers……………..::raises hand:: MEMEMMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!

February 13, 2006 at 9:58 pm #2269
    Ezahnin
    Participant

Hey if Abe is buyin hookers……………..::raises hand:: MEMEMMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!

Hmph. What my son does with his money is his business, but I’m not paying for the hookers. You want one, take it up with Silas 😉

February 14, 2006 at 12:54 am #2270
    Doug Davis
    Participant

Roland, I’ll buy you a hooker if you cut someone for me.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.